As we confidently prepare for Livingstone Building’s exciting future with a pipeline full of secured work across the Waikato region, we are seeking an Operations Manager to monitor and oversee our solid Waikato team of 60+ site staff.
Operating from five North Island regional offices, Livingstone Building has expanded over 70 years into a highly respected construction company. We pride ourselves on our award-winning builds across all market sectors for a variety of organisations and industries New Zealand wide. Learn more on our website!
The type of work:
- Livingstone have tight and ongoing relationships with aged care facilities, the education sector and variety of design and build projects, plus more
- Projects generally range from $1 to $17 million in commercial construction
As our Operations Manager you will monitor and oversee activities, resources and staff on-site to ensure our projects are built safely on time, within budgets and to a high quality. You will be responsible for all Waikato site staff as your direct reports.
- Fleet management
- Tool management
- Inventory control and location
- Labour procurement and allocation
- Manage off-site yards
- Liaise directly with Project Managers and Site Managers to ensure resources are allocated as required
- Be the hiring manager for site staff recruitment
- Support employee career goals and development
The successful candidate will have:
- Full Drivers Licence
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on commercial construction projects
- 2 years leadership experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Confidence in managing information across all phases of construction
- Competitive salary and package including vehicle, phone, laptop
- Medical Insurance upon 12 months service
- Personal and professional development
- Interesting and exciting projects
- A supportive and challenging environment to further your growth and knowledge
- A fun and passionate organisational culture
- Work with an ambitious, high performing team
If you are someone who has gained solid experience in the commercial construction sector and wants to develop and build a career in in the commercial construction sector, then we would love to hear from you.
Only applicants living and working in New Zealand will be considered for this position.