With a solid team spanning five North Island regional offices, Livingstone Building has stayed strong to its family-owned roots. We have grown over 75+ years into a highly respected and successful commercial construction company, delivering iconic buildings throughout New Zealand.
Through our Building Excellence values, we have formed long-lasting relationships with clients in the education, healthcare, retail, hospitality, and industrial sectors. With every project, we deliver innovation and excellence. We strive to produce stunning, quality buildings that will make our team and clients proud for generations to come.
Our success cannot be achieved without our 200+ employees. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we aim to provide a supportive and positive environment which allows our team to perform at the best of their ability.
We have a strong history of growing our own. We recognise potential and support our team to achieve their individual goals and progress in their careers. From Apprentice to Director, each employee has a pathway to success. Our culture of mentoring, training, and encouraging personal growth has seen many of our current team members rise through the ranks over 10, 20, 30 and 40 years!
Learn more about Livingstone on our website.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available in our Payroll and Accounts team to assist in the processing and administration of our Payroll, as well as supporting our Accounts team when needed. This position will report to, and be supported by the Finance Manager, together with an experienced and helpful team.
- Input and adjust payroll data as required according to time sheets, leave requests, and other statutory/voluntary deductions.
- Interpret and apply employment contract conditions and legal requirements in relation to preparation and administration of pay.
- Complete PAYE payday filing
- Follow-up outstanding timesheets as required.
- Ensure direct credit schedules and pay slips are prepared and distributed as required.
- Process staff ACC claims and maintain appropriate records.
- Ensure that the employee records are correct and up to date
- Provide information and advice on pay and related matters to managers and to staff seeking personal information
- Process and reconcile staff purchases
- Key in and match purchase orders
- Ensure the correct coding of creditor invoices and sub-contractor payment claims
- Accurately record creditor invoices and subcontractor payment claims
- 2 years’ experience in a Payroll and/or Accounts Payable position
- Experience using IMS Payroll, iPayroll, Cost Con, Xero and/or Denaro an advantage
- Basic accounting knowledge would be an advantage
- Some knowledge of Employment Legislation
- Microsoft Excel to Intermediate/Advance level
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A methodical and organised approach with good time management
- Good problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- Medical insurance (after 12 months of employment)
- The opportunity to be part of a company who care about their people and want to see them develop and succeed
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
We would love to hear from you! Please apply now or send your CV to express your interest to [email protected]
Only applicants living and working in New Zealand will be considered for this position.