Snowboard at Manganui, hike the Pouākai Crossing or surf at Oakura Beach - the choice is yours in sunny Taranaki. With a rich culture and strong sense of family and community, this is the place to be.
Business is booming for Livingstone in Taranaki, and our fast-growing team are looking for more great team members to join the crew!
Operating from five North Island regional offices, Livingstone Building, a family-owned business, has expanded over 70+ years into a highly respected construction company.
We have formed long lasting relationships with clients in the education, healthcare, retail & hospitality and industrial sectors. With every project, we give you innovation and excellence.
But this cannot be achieved without our 200+ employees. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and take pride in constructing our clients award-winning buildings. We aim to create positive impacts that will last for generations.
We have a history of growing our own. We will support your career pathway. Livingstone’s culture of support, mentoring, training, and growing you as a person, is shown through many of our current team members that have been with us for 10, 20, 30 and 40 years!
Our solid, well-respected Taranaki team of 32 office and site staff, includes a QS department of 5 passionate team members that we want you to be part of!
Learn more on our website!
The type of work:
- Livingstone’s have tight relationships with new and ongoing clients
- You’ll work on a variety of exciting commercial projects
- With a solid pipeline and projects ready to start, you’ll be able to hit the ground running
As a Quantity Surveyor you will coordinate and facilitate projects for clients, ensuring costings are provided and projects meet budgetary requirements. The responsibilities include:
- Tendering, estimating, and contract administration tasks
- Effective communication with management, consultants, subcontractors and clients
- Delivery of promises, meeting deadlines and maintaining procedures and policies
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualification in Quantity Surveying
- A Full clean NZ driving licence
- An understanding of Construction Contracts and the CCA
- Been working as a QS for 3-5+ years
- Experience in the commercial construction sector (desirable)
- To have excellent attention to detail, and deliver on time, every time
- A great attitude to achieve the best in everything you do
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and package
- A supportive and collaborative working environment where everyone trouble shoots and shares ideas together
- A challenging environment to further your growth and knowledge
- A fun and passionate organisational culture
- Medical Insurance upon 12 months service
We would love to hear from you! Please apply now or send your CV to express your interest to [email protected]
Only applicants living and working in New Zealand will be considered for this position.