With a solid team spanning five North Island regional offices, Livingstone Building has stayed strong to its family-owned roots. We have grown over 75+ years into a highly respected and successful commercial construction company, delivering iconic buildings throughout New Zealand.
Through our Building Excellence values, we have formed long-lasting relationships with clients in the education, healthcare, retail, hospitality, and industrial sectors. With every project, we deliver innovation and excellence. We strive to produce stunning, quality buildings that will make our team and clients proud for generations to come.
Our success cannot be achieved without our 200+ employees. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we aim to provide a supportive and positive environment which allows our team to perform at the best of their ability.
We have a strong history of growing our own. We recognise potential and support our team to achieve their individual goals and progress in their careers. From Apprentice to Director, each employee has a pathway to success. Our culture of mentoring, training, and encouraging personal growth has seen many of our current team members rise through the ranks over 10, 20, 30 and 40 years!
Our strong Taranaki team of 32 people has a solid pipeline of work and are looking for a Site Manager to join the crew.
Learn more on our website!
About the role:
As a Site Manager you will be responsible for organising all day-to-day activities on site ensuring our projects are built safely, on time, within budget, and to our high standards. The ideal candidate will enjoy job variation, leading others, reporting, and come with strong commercial experience.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Oversee Foremen, Carpenters and Apprentices as well other subbies
- Deliver toolbox talks and H&S inductions
- Identify and manage site risks as well as monitor QA & QC
- Manage client expectations and work collaboratively with all site staff
- Trade carpentry qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on carpentry position
- Experience as a site manager
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- 40 hour working week
- Long term employment
- Competitive salary + package
- Work vehicle, phone, and laptop
- Medical Insurance after 12 months of employment
- Training and development
- Career progression opportunities – Construction and Project Management, Quantity Surveying
- Fun and supportive organisational culture